Oh those pesky Mosquitos! I make my own bug repellent, but I just ran out, so now it seems like every time I step outside, I get 2 or 3 mosquito bites. So instead of opting for store bought itch relief, I have come up with some natural itch relief remedies with items that you probably already have at home to stop those mosquito bites from itching!
Mosquito Bite Itch Relief Tips
Like it? Pin it!
Use these items by dabbing them on a cotton ball and placing them on the bite. The faster you apply them after the bite, the better they will work.
- Tea: Use a hot tea bag or a cotton ball soaked in hot tea to dab on skin
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Bar Soap, dab the bite with water and rub a bar of soap over it and let it dry.
- Deodorant, stick or roll on will work just the same.
- Witch Hazel
- Chap Stick
- Aloe Vera
These items are great for making a paste to dab on.
- Baking Soda + Water
- Crushed Aspirin + rubbing alcohol
- Tums Tablets + Water
Have a really bad area of multiple bites? Use these as a soak to help relieve the itch.
- Salt + Water
- Epson Salt + Water
Have some essential oils around the house? These ones are great for itch relief. Just be sure they are pure and not fragrance oils.
- Tea Tree Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Cedar Oil
When all else fails, here are some fruits that will help the itch.
- The inside of a Banana Peel
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Peels
- Lime Juice
- Lime Peels
Some other great remedies are:
- Placing an ice pack over the bite
- A hot compress
- Placing a piece of scotch tape over the bite